Thursday, January 1, 2009

About this Blog

This blog is my attempt to eat healthy foods, mostly in season, primarily vegan, but at least vegetarian, without blowing my food budget for the whole of 2009.

I am not a dietician, a doctor, or a health professional of any kind, and this is not a "diet" blog.

This blog is merely to share my recipes as I make them, and I will occasionally share some nutritional tidbit that I find interesting. Most of my recipes are from other sources, but since I have a hard time following recipes, the recipes will change slightly between the book and this blog.

I have had an interest in nutrition for some time, and I love reading books on the subject. My goal is to do some fantastic menu planning so that when I grocery shop, I can shop for ingredients that will serve more than one recipe throughout the week. I'll likely plan my recipes based on what is in the grocery store ads and in coupons. I'll be posting recipes mostly for evening meals, but from time to time, I'll post breakfast and lunch ideas. Or, if I come across a great veggie dip recipe, I'll share that.

Please comment on the recipes and tell me how you like them, or how you would make them better/healthier/etc. I'm always open to suggestions on how to make this blog better for you, my readers.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment